November Product Profile...
Aurora 10,000 Lux Full-Spectrum Light Box
Light, like water and air, is essential to our well-being. Studies have shown
that during fall and winter about 20% of the population is affected by fatigue,
irritability, anxiety, weight gain, social withdrawal, and a lack of alertness.
Most affected are those living in northern latitudes and in frequently overcast
areas, especially during the shortened fall and winter days. About 75% of those
affected are women.
Our body has a very distinct 24 hour cycle. This cycle is controlled by bright
light (the sun). Shift workers, travelers crossing several time zones, people
with certain sleep disorders, often feel "out of sorts" because their daily
cycle is "out of sync" with the sun.
The Closest Simulation To Natural Sunlight
The Aurora Full Spectrum Light System has been engineered for those who have
shown to be adversely affected by the lack of natural sunlight, due to
inadequate exposure of their living and work space during the dark and
depressing Fall and Winter months.
The lightbox is placed in front of the user at the recommended distance for the
desired intensity. One should be directly in front of the unit as the light
shines into the users eyes. The eyes need to be open and sunglasses should not
be worn. Some may be instructed to look at the lightbox briefly at regular
intervals. For many this does not seem to be necessary.
• Aurora uses the latest high power and high C.R.I. fluorescent technology to
best simulate the Sun's rays. (Lumiram, high lumen output, with patented unique
phosphor blend full spectrum fluorescents, 110 watt, 20,000 hours.
• Provides 10,000 Lux of bright, color balanced, sun-like ray's at a distance of
36" (12,000 Lux at 24"), which, unlike most other light boxes, does not require
Note: Lux is a unit used to measure light intensity. Indoor light levels range
from 200 to 700 lux, while outdoor light levels, on a sunny spring day, range
from 2,000 to well beyond 10,000 lux.
• Utilizes an advanced flicker-free high power factor electronic ballast for long
term efficiency and reliable operation.
• Equipped with a special prismatic lens for comfortable, glare-free light
distribution, and total protection from U.V. rays and electromagnetic
• Can be used while performing other tasks • Best to use at distance of 2 1/2 to 3 feet
• Compact Size, Lightweight...only 10 lbs. (measures 12 1/2 x 23 x 3 7/8)
• Easy To Carry With Handle
• Made In The U.S.A.-U.L Listed (Full Spectrum Lamps made in Germany)
• Uses only 110 watts • Tube Life: 20,000 Hrs.
• Lifetime Warranty on parts and labor • 2 years on bulbs
Although SAD is often correctly self-diagnosed, other illness factors may be at
play. It is wise to consult with a qualified medical practitioner in both the
diagnosis and treatment of SAD. Some insurance companies may reimburse the cost
of a lightbox, if prescribed.